Monday, February 7, 2011

Dress form or no dress form? That is the question


I'm now contemplating whether to have a dress form for myself or not. I am a self taught sewer and have been winging it for the last 14 years or so. I thought may be it's time to go to the next level and get a dress form.

I have a non-standard body shape to begin with so fitting is always difficult. A dress form may help make this easier. I have read a lot of postings on the web for making my own dress form with tape (but that would require hubby's help and I'm not sure if he has the patience to help with it). A store bought proper dress form would be good but they are generally quite expensive.

In additional to that, I don't really have a lot of room in my sewing nook for a dress form! It's cramped enough as it is. I'm pregnant right now so there is no point in making a dress form or take measurements for myself right now. I guess I'll wait another year and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment