Sunday, February 6, 2011

Green Jacket - Simplicity 3962


I also made this jacket before I was pregnant. I bought a lot of this beautify green blue wool blend a few years ago from the cheapy bin at my local fabric store. It drapes beautifully and it has a subtle sheen. I have made a couple of jackets and pants with this fabric for work. I thought the big brass buttons would contrast well with the green/blue fabric.

This jacket is based on Simplicity 3962. This pattern actually includes pieces for B, C, D Cup sizes which is excellent (no need for me to do the FBA!!). I made a size 14 and did the usual short waist adjustment. I like the shawl collar. It's very flattering. I omitted the tie back, although I think that the tie back would add an interesting element to the jacket. It was a very straight forward jacket to make.

Again, I wish I had taken a picture of me wearing the jacket before I was pregnant. You just have to take my word for it that it fit very well! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment