Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Navy flouncy jacket - Butterick 4863


I made this Navy wool flouncy jacket before I was pregnant. I liked the look of the flouncy opening on the pattern. The wool has been in my stash for a while. After cutting the fabric, I decided not to make the flouncy sleeves because I thought they would look too fussy on me (the flouncy neckline/opening was enough!).

I used my serger to roll hem the edge of the sleeves and the flounces. This style of princess seams allow me to make chest and back adjustments easily (I'm not good with doing FBAs). I did a short-waist adjustment as well. The instructions were easy to follow and the jacket didn't take long to make.

I'm very pleased with this jacket. I usually don't wear very frilly things but this jacket has the right amount of frill in a conservative fabric. I have worn it with jeans and dresses and it's very versatile.

I wish I had taken a picture of me wearing it before I was pregnant so you can see how it fits on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment