Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Contractions as a sewing motivator

I had some painful Braxton Hicks contractions early this morning. It lasted for about an hour. All I could think of was, 'we are not ready!' We are still in the midst of setting up the new room for our toddler, and I hadn't started making summer shorts for him yet.

So what does a heavily pregnant woman do when she has painful contractions? Race to the sewing nook of course! LOL! I quickly took out stuff from the refashioning pile and started cutting out shorts patterns for my son with the tried and true Simplicity 3765. I just shortened the length of the pants pattern.

For some reason, while concentrating on sewing the shorts, my contractions became less painful and less frequent. And 2 hours later I have finished 4 pairs of shorts (Bermuda length so that if he falls he won't scrap his knees that much) for my son! Woohoo! Funny how some Braxton Hicks contractions can be a real motivator for sewing!From left: 3 reclaimed t-shirts, 2 reclaimed boxer shorts from hubby, and jean shorts made a while back from fabric in my fabric stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment