Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pattern Review: Simplicity 5316

I had decided early this year to use only stash patterns and fabrics to make X'mas gifts. I have remnants of this yellow fleece and mauve microfleece. I thought they might make a good combo for a jacket for my baby girl. The only new thing I bought was the mauve zipper.

Here is my review of this pattern:

Pattern Description: Babies' overall, jacket or vest, pants, knit top and hat. I made the jacket.

Pattern Sizing: XXS to L. I used L.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Not really because of my design changes.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't read the instructions. The pattern pieces seem simple enough.

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? It's a basic baby hoodie pattern and one can easily add one's only design changes to it.

Fabric Used: Golden Yellow fleece and mauve microfleece. Both remnants in my stash.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I lined the hood and the body with the mauve microfleece. I also use the mauve microfleece to make cuffs for the jacket. I eliminated 4cm from the bottom of the sleeve pattern to accommodate the cuffs. I also added about 2.5cm to the length of the jacket.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? This is the not the first time I have used this pattern (See this review). But this is the first time I have made significant design changes to it. I will definitely use it again and would recommend it to others.

Conclusion: Simple baby hoodie pattern. Easy to make design changes to make it your own. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment