Monday, April 23, 2012

Another Men's shirt refashion

I love refashioning Men's shirts! This is an extra large jean shirt I inherited. I immediately thought of making an outfit for my baby girls upcoming birthday.

I drafted a simple dress shape and a pair of bloomers. I used the shirts' button front as the back, and the bottom of the shirt hem as the dress hem. No extra hemming required. Yay! I also made a pair of bloomer shorts from this shirt fabric. I used remnants of the yellow polka dot fabric and made bias tape with it to add some contrast. I also used that same polka dot fabric to make another pair of bloomers for a mix and match style. The whole outfit didn't take long to make and it was really fun. I love making clothes for my kids! I can't wait to see her in this outfit!




3 comments:

  1. I just found your blog over at the Refashion Co-op. This is an AWESOME refashion!!! Very clever to swap the front and back around to use the buttons at the back. LOVE the polka dot with the denim!!! I would love for you to share this (and any other baby clothes) at our ongoing linky that's just for Baby Clothes...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/03/threading-your-way-everything-baby-link.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete