Saturday, September 8, 2012

Pattern Review: Mccall's 4593 Long skirt

It's time for Fall/Winter clothing again! This time I chose a stash pattern and a stash wool mini houndstooth fabric. Long skirts aren't terribly practical for a mom with 2 young kids but I like the look of the skirt on the pattern envelope. I thought the asymmetric hem would be flattering for my inverted triangle body shape. I chose view A in a size 12.

The skirt was very easy to put together. I even added a lining to it by drafting my own A-line lining. I think it looks sufficiently like the one on the pattern envelope and it seems to look okay on me. I'm short so I will definitely need to wear heeled boots with this skirt.

As much as I like this pattern, it is a very distinct look so I'm not sure I would sew a 2nd skirt like this. All in all, no dislike. I would highly recommend this for someone who wants an easy to sew but slightly different looking skirt pattern.


2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the length. It WILL look great with heeled boots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelley for your comment! I look forward to wearing it when the weather gets colder for boots!

      Delete