Sunday, January 13, 2013

Refashion: From Boring and Unloved to Wearable Top

I have a pile of turtleneck tops in different colours that I haven't worn for a few years now - ever since I realized that they didn't suit my short stocky neck. So there they had been sitting on the shelf collecting dust. In the meantime I had been wearing my 4 other scoopneck tops to death this Fall/Winter season. As I started to clean out my closet I thought perhaps I could do a simple refashion to make them wearable again.

So here is the before:

Using some remnant yellow cotton ribbed knit in my fabric stash, I made a folded narrow band and stitched down a new neckline (I stretched the yellow ribbed knit while sewing). I think the yellow trim provided an interesting contrast (The topstitching is not perfect so I may redo that part tomorrow night). Now I can't wait to wear this over and over again this winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment