Saturday, February 16, 2013

Pattern Review: New Look 6779 dress

This was a pre-kids dress that I recently fit into again. It was based on New Look 6779. I made view D using a medium weight cotton denim. I used the underside of the fabric as a contrast for the top part of the dress.  It is a pullover style dress with a slight A-line. I made a size 12 because I wanted it to be more fitted (usually I would use a size 14).

It was a very easy and quick dress to make. I don't think I looked at the instructions at all! I have wore this dress many times already. It's one of those dresses that can be dressed up and down (my favourite kind of clothing). The only thing I would improve on is the interfacing for the neckline. As you can see it is not sitting flat on my chest. I think a medium weight interfacing may help (instead of a light weight one). I highly recommend this pattern and will be making more dresses with this in different combinations of fabrics for this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment