Friday, March 1, 2013

Pattern Review: Simplicity 3532 dress

I'm currently pulling out all the spring/summer clothes out of my closet to see how they fit. I think the pattern is now Out of Print. Loose fitting summer dresses were all the rage a few years ago and I thought the picture on the envelope looked cute.There were only 4 pattern pieces and everything looked really simple to put together.

I made view C and used a size 12 which is one size smaller than my usual but I wanted it to be more fitted and less volume. I used some fabric remnants in my stash: a yellow cotton/poly broadcloth for the neckline and an orange crinkle cotton for the dress. I do like the colour combination - very summery indeed! Sadly I don't have any of that orange crinkle cotton left. In general the dress part fits fine. However I can't get the neckline to stay flat. I have used a medium interfacing but somehow it just doesn't sit properly.


I'm a bit disappointed. I was hoping that it would be a wearable muslin. I actually really like the colours and the fit but the neckline just looks foolish. I guess it will go to the donation pile.....

No comments:

Post a Comment