Friday, October 11, 2013

Refashion: a quick and simple velvet jacket transformation

I love the look of velvet jackets for Fall/Winter. They just look so elegant and versatile (can be dressed up and down). I bought this boxy brown cotton velvet jacket in my local thrift store last year. Its oh-so-soft fabric and the low price of $7.99 drew me to it. Little did I know that it would cost me almost twice that price to dry clean it! Oh man!

The jacket is a bit boxy for my body and the sleeves are a bit too long. So I just shortened the cuffs by 3cm, changed the boring brown plastic buttons to brass-look military style buttons, moved the buttons further in by 1.5cm and voila, a much better fit for me. Although the refashion/alteration was minimal, I think it looks better on me now:




Yay! Another quick and easy refashion and a new wearable item in my wardrobe for this Fall/Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment