Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stash Busting: Fabric scraps became Custom Handmade X'mas Cards

I think I have mentioned before on this blog that I have way too much fabric and scraps. In order to bust my stash/scraps further, I used the little scraps that couldn't really be used effectively on garments to make these Custom Handmade X'mas Cards:


They were super simple to make. I already had some blank white cards. I cut out the boot and triangle shapes from whatever stash/scraps I have, put some interfacing on the back and then sewed the shapes to the card with straight stitches on my sewing machine. Then I added some star stickers on them for decoration.

This little project helped me think out of the box in terms of how I could use every little scraps of fabric I have in a creative fun way. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with more ideas for the stash/scraps in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment