Friday, May 16, 2014

Refashion: Eyelet skirt becomes Eyelet top

Just when I thought the mercury was rising enough for me to wear tank tops and shorts, the cold wind blasted me back to reality this morning. It was 5 Celsius this morning with strong wind. There is a frost warning for tonight. Seriously?

Well, it didn't dampen my mood. I was determined to make some summery garments. I thrifted this warm sunny yellow cotton eyelet skirt last year for $6.99. It was very big on me but it was about the only shade of yellow that looked semi-flattering on me.

I took off the lining (yes the same shade of yellow cotton voile lining - another top perhaps?) and the zipper and traced my self-drafted woven tank pattern on the skirt. I have previously used the pattern for this refashioned top. The yellow skirt was just a little short on the material so the top is a bit tighter than the other one. But I'm pleased that I now have a yellow eyelet top to wear this summer:

Another quick and easy refashion project! Can't wait to wear it when it's warmer!

6 comments:

  1. I love yellow, but I can't wear it very well. I love the eyelet fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tami for your comment! Yellow is a very tricky colour to wear. It's probably easier to wear in some doses (like a printed fabric with some yellow in it) than all over the body.

      Delete
  2. A gorgeous remake - you will enjoy wearing that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! I hope I get to wear it a lot this summer too!

      Delete
  3. So much prettier as a top! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm just glad that the skirt was just big enough for the top!

      Delete