Saturday, May 24, 2014

Wedding Dress Muslin 2 - Simplicity 2639

I chose Simplicity 2639 for my 2nd muslin because View B is exactly the shape of my original wedding dress (my original wedding dress has all over lace, beading and spaghetti straps).


Since I was going to have straps, I didn't do a foundation nor a lining. I just made the dress part to tweak the fit. And this is how it turned out:

The chest is too tight and the back needs narrowing. I think a proper FBA is in order for this pattern which I didn't do. It's okay, I'm not in love with it. It certainly has more coverage; I can walk easily in this without tripping too. But something seems to be missing. Perhaps with all over lace and beading plus a longer length this will look better? Somehow it doesn't seem to have the impact of the 1st muslin I did with Vogue 2237, even though the Vogue 2237 muslin was only done with a bed sheet. What do you think?

2 comments: