Thursday, July 17, 2014

July MAGAM plan - Microfibre Cargo pants

At last! I have decided what to make for my July Make A Garment A Month project. I sifted through my  pattern stash, my fabric stash, my wardrobe, my sewing magazines, etc, for days and couldn't figure out what to make. Finally, a couple of days ago, the weather was alternating between raining and sunny every hour. My trusty RTW microfibre cargo pants (bought in the UK in the late 1990s and still going strong) saved the day. It was cool to wear in the sun and when it was wet, it dried quickly.

Thus the decision to make another pair in this Black Microfibre fabric that has been in my stash for years (bought in the UK in the late 1990s as well), using Butterick 5044. I think I'll make view B. I'm short so it will be ankle length on me instead of calf length I hope. One can always use another pair of 3 season weather-versatile pants!

 Okay! Off to the sewing machine!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, when you don't know what to sew, make some basics - things do wear out, so a sort of replacement plan is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete