Friday, March 13, 2015

March MAGAM Project Plan - Refashion a tablecloth to Lace dress

I thrifted this piece of white tablecloth lace from my local thrift store last year. I had wanted to make a lace top with it but I'm now thinking perhaps it will be better to make an easy breezy lace short dress.


The March theme for the Make A Garment A Month challenge is Spring/Autumn (depending on which hemisphere one lives in). I think I may be thinking too far ahead towards the summer with this lace dress. I suppose a denim jacket over a lace dress would be acceptable for Spring? I have never sewn with woven lace before so this would be a good learning experience.

I will be using this thrifted pattern - McCall's 8048 - from 1982. It's just a simple cap sleeve dress with a slight A-line. I am hoping it will be quick and easy to complete.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck - a bit of practice on working out how to do the seams and then you will be fine....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! Thank goodness for that Seam Soft mesh tape and my serger! It worked out okay in the end.

      Delete
    2. I wondered if you would have to use something to stabilise the seam.

      Delete