Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Pattern Review - A Little Linen Jacket - McCall's 4928

I wanted a little unlined short sleeves black linen jacket to wear in the summer. The fabric is from my stash (probably bought 10 years ago) and the pattern is also a stash one from 2005. I like this pattern because of the shoulder seams which allow me to do the FBA easily.

The pattern is very straight forward. I only read the instructions once. I made view A in size 14 which is my usual for big 5 pattern companies. I did my usual short waist adjustment, FBA, omitted the pocket flaps and the sleeves band. I used elastics to gather the sleeves at the arms which was a mistake in hindsight.

(It's difficult to take good pictures of black garments at night! I'm wearing my matching black linen shorts.)
(Much better! I can actually see the jacket now in daylight!)

I like the look of this little jacket very much. Now that I have tweaked the fit to my body. I think I'll make another one in a wintery fabric for the Fall! You can see my review on PatternReview.com.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely outfit - the jacket looks fantastic, nice fit, and really works with the shorts - highlighting your lovely legs (most inverted triangles have great legs - offsets our lack of waist :)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! I think jackets suit me because they create an 'artificial shape' for my upper body (which really is just an inverted trapezoid).

      Delete