Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Hand made Christmas Presents challenge - Yarn and Needles

I learned basic knitting in Home Ec class when I was 12. I have never liked it as I am slow and not good at it. And most of all, I feel it's a very slow way of making a garment when I already have a sewing machine and a serger! So it's surprising that I would  willingly choose to knit a present for someone.

I spotted these mohair/alpaca blend yarn at my local thrift store last month. They were in very good condition and very affordable so I bought a few, without knowing what I was going to do with them until this week. I decided to knit my mom a nice and warm scarf with this yarn. She had always liked this pinkish-burgundy colour. I thought it would be a nice thing for me to knit her something to thank her for all those wool cardigans that she knitted me when I was a child.


Since I'm a poor and slow knitter, it may take me a full 20 days to knit this scarf so I'd better start now!

No comments:

Post a Comment