Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sewing Resolutions for 2017

I am not really big on New Year Resolutions, simply because I don't really follow them. So I suppose my 2017 Sewing Resolutions would be to get out of my comfort zone and do something different or learn to make something new, for example:
  • new types of fabrics
  • new sewing techniques
  • new types of garments
  • new combinations of skills
  • new sewing patterns (my own patterns or whatever patterns I have in my stash that I haven't used yet)
I am happy with the sewing projects this year and I have learned some new techniques (e.g. I just learned how to narrow the shoulder seams on a 1990's jacket). I'm looking forward to learning more of everything regarding sewing and refashioning in 2017.

I wish you and your family a Happy and Healthy 2017!!

4 comments:

  1. And a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! May we all have great sewing projects to show and tell in 2017!

      Delete
  2. I do better with general resolutions as well ... I know they are not as measurable as specific goals are, but somehow I manage to know as the year is going by whether I am progressing or not. Good luck with your goals, and Happy New Year to you and your family! Your blog inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Your blog inspires me too! Sometimes goals need to be specific, but something not. Sewing is a hobby to relax me. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself in terms of resolutions.

      Delete