Friday, February 10, 2017

Wardrobe Sudoku Contest: 1st bottom McCall's 5273

I was initially planning to sew the tops first for this contest. But as I'm lazy, I saw that my serger was already threaded with grey and black threads, so I decided to make the grey stretch woven 'yoga comfort business pants' first.

I used my tried and true McCall's 5273 (for moderate stretch fabrics) for these pants. This must be the 12th time I have used this pattern! I chose View C with the elastic waist, which I have modified to fit my body (sway back, flat behind, short waist in the front, etc). I was going to add a welt pocket at the right back but thought it might make the close fitting pants too 'bumpy' at the bum. I can always add that later if I change my mind. I added a mock fly front.

Whoops! I splashed some water on the pants!

I need to clean the camera lens!

They are super comfortable and the colour and texture of these elastic stretch poly woven pants makes them versatile enough for office or casual wear. I'm really pleased with these pants and I'm even more pleased that I used all stash fabric/notions with them. One down, 7 more to go!

My review of this pattern is on PatternReview.

3 comments:

  1. You are sailing right along; these look like very useful pants and are a good neutral alternative to black. They also look excellent with those shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I think basic black or grey pants are always versatile for different occasions. I love those red patent leather shoes. I thrifted these almost new shoes last year at my local thrift store for a bargain!

      Delete