Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Wardrobe Sudoku Contest: 2nd Accessory

I was planning on making 2 bags and 2 scarves for this contest. I made the 1st scarf fairly quickly but I was having trouble figuring out what fabrics to use for the 2nd scarf. I dug deep into my fabric stash and found this wool paisley fabric that I bought in the UK in 2002!! 15 years ago! I love the various colours on this fabric. I simply folded over the edges twice and sewed it down to make one big rectangular scarf - 150" x 47".

And it seems to look nice with the new striped shirt I had made:

I'm pretty happy with this. It looks a bit more Autumn than Spring but I'm sure that this is something I will wear.

So now I need to figure out what 2 bags to make and finish the red slim pants for the contest.

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! I have a soft spot for paisley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I love paisley too. There is something very classy and romantic about paisley for me.

      Delete
  2. Yes, paisley always looks good, and it works so nicely with classic stripes. Looking good....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! It's a wool wrap so it's nice for cool spring and autumn winds.

      Delete