Monday, February 6, 2017

Wardrobe Sudoku Contest - My plan for the 4 tops

For the last few days, I dug into my massive pattern and fabric stash to find stuff that might go together for this Wardrobe Sudoku Contest. I think I have enough fabrics to sew a wardrobe with a red/grey/black/white colour scheme.

For the tops, I'm looking at the following stash fabric/stash pattern combinations:

 I thrifted this large piece of polyester 'art silk' scarf earlier this year. It is part red and part green and I think it will make a good simple cap sleeve blouse.

 This is a stretch cotton poplin that I have had in my stash for 10 years! The pattern itself is from 2004! It's definitely time to use them up for a simple shirt.

 This is a very pretty 100% red white floral cotton poplin that I have had for about 5 years. It's definitely time to use it to make a pretty tunic.

I have these 2 moderate stretch knit remnants for a while. There is not enough of either of the fabrics to make a complete garment. So I decided that they should be combined together to make a cardigan jacket. Time to use them all up!

Now I have to figure out what to do with the 4 bottoms for this contest.

6 comments:

  1. Nice colour combinations; I expected red to be one of your colours as it looks very nice on you! Beautiful material, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I'm excited about this as I really want to use up my very massive and old fabric stash!

      Delete
  2. I like the colors you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vanessa! I hope everything will go together in the end.

      Delete
  3. This is quite some contest - and fantastic that you are using up those bits that haunt, as well as old patterns and stash. I wonder if you stash is older and more massive than mine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Liz! My fabric stash is embarrassingly massive! I even have stuff from 2002 that I haven't used yet. They are mainly dressy fabrics that I have no occasion to sew for. Perhaps I'll try to make another wedding dress this summer! LOL!

      Delete