Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wardrobe Sudoku Contest: My Plan for the 4 bottoms

As mentioned, I have entered the PatternReview's Wardrobe Sudoku Contest. These are my plans for the 4 bottoms. I am entering 2 previously seft-sewn garments into this contest.

1. This black cotton gabardine skirt was made before I had children. It was based on Simplicity 5914 from 2002! I used size 12 (my usual size for bottoms) and I added this black satin trim to the bottom hem to make it a little different. I wore it often both at the office and outside of work. The fluted shape of the skirt seemed to be more flattering on my body.
 



2. This is another previously self-sewn denim jeggings. It was based on my tried and true stretch woven pants pattern McCalls 5273. I love these jeggings as I can wear them with anything: dresses, tunics, sweaters, cardigans, etc.

3. I have seen these so called 'yoga business pants' on Pinterest. They seemed to be made with a stretchy polyester woven fabric that makes the pants very comfortable to wear but the texture/colours were very suitable for the office. I have this charcoal stretch polyester woven fabrics in my stash and I want to make a pair of slim pants with my tried and true moderate stretch pants pattern, McCall's 5273.



 4. I made another pair of red slim jeans a few years ago. I wore it often but now it's falling apart. I want to make another pair with different details this time. This is a cotton twill with a slight stretch that has been in my stash for quite a number of years. I'm using the same pants pattern - McCalls 5273.

Now I have to start sewing something as well as plan the 4 accessories that are suppose to go well with these 4 tops and 4 bottoms.

5 comments:

  1. Great basics that should certainly ground your plan. The two new pieces should both be fun to have in your closet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I want to make sure that I'm making these garments because I want to wear them, not just for the contest. These are basics that I will definitely wear!

      Delete
  2. Great choices in my opinion. I love the shape of the skirt - I think it is very flattering for many of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I agree that shape of the skirt is really versatile for many women. I actually think that this fluted shape is actually easier to wear than the pencil skirt shape.

      Delete