Monday, June 12, 2017

A New Date Night Red purse!

As mentioned before, I love red. It's my favourite colour. So when I'm thinking of an outfit for date night, or x'mas or any special occasion, I think red. I made loads of red garments but never a cute red purse. So I decided to design one.

I used this piece of remnant red faux suede for upholstery that I thrifted a few years back to make the exterior of the purse. I embellished the flap with trims from a thrifted bag of embellishments I bought earlier this year from my local thrift store. The chains are thrifted from the thrift store as well. The interior lining is a remnant quilting cotton that I have in my stash. The zipper was salvaged from a too tight skirt.

I designed the bag to be worn either as a long chained shoulder bag or it can be double chained into a hand held purse. I'm pretty happy with the look of it. Now I just need a special occasion to test this baby out!

If this prototype bag works out well, I'll make another one and add it to my little shop!

4 comments:

  1. Great use of the red remnant fabric. Cute purse and perfect for date night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that piece of thrifted red faux suede fabric. Unfortunately it's almost all used up now....:-(

      Delete
  2. That is SO attractive! I love everything about it! Hope you get a night out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Gosh I haven't had a night out without kids for a very long time! (Groceries shopping doesn't count!!)

      Delete