Sunday, June 11, 2017

A New Summer Purse for me

I'm still in a bag making mode. I decided to make a new cross body bag for myself this summer. I have been using the same thrifted one for a while now. I decided to make a new refashioned one. Cross body bags are excellent for moms who need both hands to manage their children!

This cross body bag is part of the EcoChic line. The exterior is made with upcycled jeans, upcycled curtain material and seat upholstery fabric. The inside lining is made with an upcycled bedsheet. The zipper was thrifted and the straps are upcycled from an old camera bag.

I am pretty happy with how this bag turned out. I like the colour/fabric combination. It looks quite cheery. I will be using this tomorrow to 'road-test' it for durability and practicality.



4 comments:

  1. Love your creativity! And it's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly! It's bigger than my current purse so I hope it will hold more stuff!

      Delete
  2. Your bags have been inspiring me; I'd like to try making my own as well. Now I just have to make the time! This is lovely and it's so nice to make something exactly to one's own taste, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I would love to see how your bags turn out. It really doesn't take that much time. I find that once I have written/drawn the design, it can be done in 2 nights!

      Delete