Thursday, June 15, 2017

An Addition to my Sewing Library

I'm a self taught sewist so I really need a good sewing library to teach me proper sewing techniques, help me solve problems, and give me new ideas. I was at my local thrift shop and found this book:

It's a book written by Nancy Zieman in 1994. It's in excellent condition, as if it was never read/referenced. I am fascinated by Nancy's pattern alteration techniques, which includes lots of pattern pivoting. Her techniques are different from the slash and spread methods that I have seen. And for $4 I think I got a good deal!

2 comments:

  1. A very good deal - I like to look for good technique books, too, although I do more reading than sewing :) I hope you find it helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! As a self-taught sewist, these books are really important to me.

      Delete